Date:      Fri, 21 Jun 1996 14:50:25 +0100
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Peter Childs <pjchilds@imforei.apana.org.au>, nate@freefall.freebsd.org, freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: misc/1338

"Jordan K. Hubbard" wrote in message ID
<9439.835360465@time.cdrom.com>:
> >  I think you'll find that the problem is with running /stand/ee,
> >  and from memory doesn't that require the gzip a.out option
> >  in the kernel?

> /stand/ee has been dead for weeks.

Which raises the question of how he got /stand/ee as EDITOR in his
/root/.cshrc file, but not a /stand/ee file. Something mess up in the
distribution build, or did he use one boot floppy and install a
different distribution or something?

I got this reply from the original submitter:

--SNIP--
Thanks. Changing this in the /root/.cshrc works.

I didn't remove anything or change root's .cshrc. /stand/ee isn't there
but I never removed it.  This is the way it ended up after the install.

Thanks,
Tom
--SNIP--

Which to me points to something with the system, rather than user
error...

Gary