Date:      Sat, 29 Nov 1997 14:30:25 -0500 (EST)
From:      Evan Champion <evanc@synapse.net>
To:        Kwoody <kwoody@citytel.net>
Cc:        Dean Hollister <dean@odyssey.apana.org.au>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Setting default terminal type on dialins...

On Sat, 29 Nov 1997, Kwoody wrote:

> I found a couple lines  piece of a script about two weeks ago that (I think)
> would do what you wanted. I wanted to be able to differentiate between a
> ttyv* login and use cons25 and if I'm logging in over a dialup
> automatically use vt100. Is this what you wanted to do?

Unless you have a special need that the vt console doesn't support, why
not use it?  Then you have a real vt100 console for both when you're
dialing up and otherwise.  Just recompile your kernel with the vt driver,
and set the relevant termtypes to vt100 in /etc/ttys.

IMHO, the vt console is much nicer than the SCO syscons driver.  Not only
is it a vt100 so you can do nice things like the above, but it's also in
colour so manpages look extra-spiffy :-)

Evan