Date:      Wed, 7 Mar 2001 14:29:11 -0600 (CST)
From:      Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
To:        Rick Duvall <maillist@coastsight.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cold Fusion Compatibility

On Wed, 7 Mar 2001, Rick Duvall wrote:

> Does anybody have any experience with setting up Cold Fusion on FreeBSD
> 4.2-RELEASE?  I have a customer that needs it for his website.  He is
> currently running on an unstable NT box (surprise surprise) and would like
> me to host his site as FreeBSD tends to be more stable.  However, I need
> to tell him if it will work or not before the end of the week.

	Actually it is probably more CF's fault that the machine is
	flakey.  I've seen nothing but problems with CF on NT.  Plus, it
	is one of most insecure web apps you can put on a server.

	As far as working, I don't know.  I just know that CF is one of
	the worst apps that I've had to deal with...Do you really want to
	run it?

Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
- Keep on routing in a Free World...
  "FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!"