Date:      Sat, 22 Jan 2000 22:36:25 -0500 (EST)
From:      Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   no mp3, no realaudio on 2.2.8

This is a strange one.  I did something, there's no question about that
but I don't know what.  I'm running 2.2.8-RELEASE - upgrading is out of
the question for now.

Any client I try whether it's on a local file or a remote feed, it will
connect and freeze shortly afterward - with the exception of realplayer
which just sits there.  Any of the xaudio series, mpg123, xamp will get
to opening the file and hangs.  RealPlayer (ver 5.0 for linux) will open
the file and just sit there.  I can advance it and hear really short
sounds as I advance it but that's it.  If it's a live feed or a remote
file it will buffer and stop.  Be it mp3 or realaudio, it acts like it
just can't progress thru the file or stream.

Any idea where to start troubleshooting?  I've gone thru a few kernel
configs, but nothing major and nothing I can think of that could have
made a difference (USERLDT, MAXUSERS, bpfilter).  I've changed the
motherboard (upgrade) and RAM (also upgrade) but the problem was there
before and is still there now.

Vince.
   128K ISDN: $24.95/mo or less - 56K Dialup: $17.95/mo or less at Pop4