Date:      Tue, 9 Jul 2002 21:43:19 +0100
From:      Scott Mitchell <scott.mitchell@mail.com>
To:        mbettinger@championelevators.com
Cc:        Marco Radzinschi <marco@radzinschi.com>, FreeBDS-Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Backup Exec Agent?

On Tue, Jul 09, 2002 at 03:23:29PM -0500, Matthew Bettinger wrote:

> you need to do the following:
[...]

I'll second everything Matthew said... we have it running with BackupExec
8.something for WinNT, on Win2k servers, but I think the agent is the same
in both cases.

Avoid using the agent install script if you can -- it will work as far as
generating a config file goes, but it tries to install Linux-style startup
scripts and I recall having to do some cleaning up in /etc after it was
done.  Matthew's example seems to cover all the config file bases anyway.

Oh, and don't forget to install the linux_base package before enabling
Linux compatibility in rc.conf.  You can start the Linux emulator without
rebooting with the 'linux' command or by manually loading the linux.ko
module.

Cheers,

	Scott