Date:      Wed, 12 Dec 2001 10:24:54 -0200
From:      "Ronan Lucio" <ronan@melim.com.br>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Recovering FS

Hi All,

Does anybody now how to recover a FS?.

I´v had the FreeBSD installed and working fine until I needed
to copy some files to another HD with DOS partition.
I´ve connected the secundary HD and errored the jumper
configuration, so, I´ve booted my computer with the DOS HD
as master and the FreeBSD HD as CS (Cable Select) and it
broke my FreeBSD partition.

If I boot with another HD and try to access such broken HD
with slave in sysinstall, it show me just one FAT partition when
the real is a FreeBSD partition.
When I mount /dev/ad1s1a it show me some errors but mount
the partition and the contents looks me right (my FreeBSD
instalation).

I´ve tryed to make image with fixit.flp but when I boot with a
floppy I don´t know exatly what should I do and I also have
tryed to boot with CD2 but I didn´t find any option in sysinstall
to fix such problem.

If anybody now how to help me... please

[]´s
Ronan