Date:      Wed, 27 Nov 2002 16:08:09 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Russell K." <opendnet@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Tuning for net speed

When I originally connected my cable modem to a laptop
running Windows xp and did a speed test on it, it came
to be around 9000kbps. When I connected the modem to
my FBSD machine which has two 3Com 3c905C TX NICs. The
media for the first (which is the public interface) is
100baseTX (full-duplex), 10baseT/UTP for the second
one. I'm using natd on the FBSD, can that be what is
causing the speed decrease? Why can't I access the
internet from the machines connected to the FBSD
machine when I try to set the media for the private
NIC to 100baseTX?

=====
Regards,
Russell K.