Date:      Thu, 20 Apr 2006 12:23:55 +0200
From:      Reinhold Platzoeder <freebsd@violetlan.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pf problem with table

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 09:21:40 +0200
peter@bgnett.no (Peter N. M. Hansteen) wrote:

> Reinhold Platzoeder <freebsd@violetlan.net> writes:
>
> > My problem looks like the file is to big to be loaded into pf
> > My firewall stops responding when the file has about 7000 IPs in it
> > The old file has 104450 IPs in it and I would like to block them
>
> You could try manipulating the table entries limits, ie
>
> set limit table-entries 150000
>
> in your pf.conf would set the upper limit for number of entries in a
> table to 150000.

Hi

When I add this option I get a Syntax error
I have added it like this
set limit table-entries 150000
and then i tried
set limit { states 10000, frags 5000, table-entries 150000 }

both times I get
pfctl: Bad pool name.
/etc/pf.conf:25: unable to set limit table-entries 150000
pfctl: Syntax error in config file: pf rules not loaded

I also tried lowering the number with no success

--
Reinhold Platzoeder

reinhold@violetlan.net
reinhold@webmail.co.za