Date:      Wed, 19 Jan 2000 13:03:42 -0400 (AST)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   no modules loaded for 'xserver' service?

Morning all...

	I just upgraded my XFree86 out of ports, and now can't start it up
anymore, with the following messages...I've checked the archives for
-stable, and say one mention about 'options UCONSOLE', which I didnt'
have, but do now, with no change...I've tried as both user root and
non-root user, to no avail...

	I've updated my OS to the latest -STABLE, and there is no module
'xserver' that I seem able to find ... can anyone point me in the right
direction on this?

Thanks...

Jan 18 15:58:27 atelier Xwrapper: no modules loaded for `xserver' service
Jan 18 15:59:25 atelier Xwrapper: no modules loaded for `xserver' service
Jan 18 15:59:38 atelier Xwrapper: no modules loaded for `xserver' service
Jan 19 12:55:06 atelier Xwrapper: no modules loaded for `xserver' service
Jan 19 12:55:29 atelier Xwrapper: no modules loaded for `xserver' service
Jan 19 12:57:00 atelier Xwrapper: no modules loaded for `xserver' service
Script started on Wed Jan 19 12:57:13 2000
> startx

Authentication failed - cannot start X server.
Perhaps you do not have console ownership?^Cxinit:  unexpected signal 2
> exit
exit

Script done on Wed Jan 19 12:57:19 2000