Date:      Tue, 19 Aug 2003 12:33:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:      wpaul@FreeBSD.ORG (Bill Paul)
To:        mark@remotelab.org
Cc:        eugen@kuzbass.ru
Subject:   Re: rl(4) is broken in STABLE

> Eugene Grosbein wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Revisions 1.38.2.17/1.38.2.18 of src/sys/pci/if_rl.c
> > (and corresponding 1.14.2.6 of src/sys/pci/if_rlreg.h) broke rl(4)
> > at least for D-Link DFE 530TX+ 10/100BaseTX.
> >
> > I've sent PR an hour ago but still did not get its number.

You are SO FIRED!

> > Meantime I've rolled back these revisions, rebuilt kernel
> > and my NICs work again.

Aw come on guys! Give me a hint here! I can't even find this
mysterious PR that was allegedly filed! Since you don't know the number,
how about just giving me the information directly? Are you going to
describe the failure to me at all or am I supposed to hack into the
orbital mind control lasers or something? Did you run tcpdump on it
to see if it's receiving/sending traffic (tcpdump -n -e -i rl0)?
Does it have a link (ifconfig rl0)? Is it not being detected at
all!?

> I have the same problem with a D-link DFE-528TX (same chipset of
> the 530TX+) and a RTL 8139D (STABLE of the 17 Aug).

The _same_ problem!? He didn't even describe what the problem was!

If you don't tell me how it's broken, I can't tell you how to fix
it. :(

-Bill

-Bill Paul            (510) 749-2329 | Senior Engineer, Master of Unix-Fu
                 wpaul@windriver.com | Wind River Systems
      "If stupidity were a handicap, you'd have the best parking spot."