Date:      Wed, 13 Apr 2011 21:01:08 +0000
From:      "Michael D. Norwick" <mnorwick@centurytel.net>
To:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   setting up a virtualbox 4.0.4 svn repository

Good Day;

I hope to test VirtualBox 4.0.4 on FreeBSD 8.2 amd64.  I have subversion
1.6 installed from ports.  I have googled and scanned svn.pdf but I
require some help on importing virtualbox_4.0.4 source or the
virtualbox_4.0.4 port to my local repository.  I appear to be lacking
the appropriate URL.  Some basic steps on how to import this source and the
correct URL would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I downloaded the source tar.gz from Oracle's web site and 'make
configure' halts because of the lack of the as86 assembler.  I believe
it is required for i386 builds on linux but do not understand what port
or package provides this functionality on FreeBSD amd64.  I installed
NASM from ports but that does not seem to be what the VirtualBox
configure script wants.

Thank You,

michael