Date:      Thu, 2 Mar 2000 09:26:57 -0600
From:      Michael <mhobgood@inet-direct.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   SIO Assistance Needed

--UlVJffcvxoiEqYs2

Hello All,
	I recently posted an email trying for help in getting a PCI modem
to work. The only response I got was from another individual needing the
same help.  So, I will make the same request again.
	First, the modem is an ActionTec PCI modem that WORKS UNDER LINUX.
It is not a WINMODEM.  I have read the handbook, and the LINT document.  I
understand that I must configure the proper sio line to support my device.
It is configuring the sio line that I am unsure of.  The modem occupies
what in FreeBSD will be device cuaa4, as it sets on COM 5 in DOS or ttyS4
in Linux.  I have the port number and irq listed from the /proc/pci file
that Linux creates.  Using this info (in Linux) the modem works, as proof,
this message is reaching this list.  I would love to reach this list using
FreeBSD and not have to boot Linux just to do so.  I am running FreeBSD
3.4 obtained from Walnut Creek.  As an attachment, I am including the pci
info from linux.
	Reading the man page for sio shows only "normal" isa devices.
What must I do to make sio4 have the needed pci info?

Cordially,
Michael Hobgood

--UlVJffcvxoiEqYs2

PCI devices found:
  Bus  0, device   0, function  0:
    Host bridge: Intel 440LX - 82443LX PAC Host (rev 3).
      Medium devsel.  Fast back-to-back capable.  Master Capable.  Latency=32.
      Prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xf8000000 [0xf8000008].
  Bus  0, device   1, function  0:
    PCI bridge: Intel Unknown device (rev 3).
      Vendor id=8086. Device id=7181.
      Medium devsel.  Fast back-to-back capable.  Master Capable.  Latency=64.  Min Gnt=8.
  Bus  0, device   7, function  0:
    ISA bridge: Intel 82371AB PIIX4 ISA (rev 1).
      Medium devsel.  Fast back-to-back capable.  Master Capable.  No bursts.
  Bus  0, device   7, function  1:
    IDE interface: Intel 82371AB PIIX4 IDE (rev 1).
      Medium devsel.  Fast back-to-back capable.  Master Capable.  Latency=32.
      I/O at 0xdc90 [0xdc91].
  Bus  0, device   7, function  2:
    USB Controller: Intel 82371AB PIIX4 USB (rev 1).
      Medium devsel.  Fast back-to-back capable.  IRQ 11.  Master Capable.  Latency=32.
      I/O at 0xdca0 [0xdca1].
  Bus  0, device   7, function  3:
    Bridge: Intel 82371AB PIIX4 ACPI (rev 1).
      Medium devsel.  Fast back-to-back capable.
  Bus  0, device   9, function  0:
    Communication controller: Lucent (ex-AT&T) Microelectronics Unknown device (rev 0).
      Vendor id=11c1. Device id=480.
      Medium devsel.  Fast back-to-back capable.  IRQ 11.  Master Capable.  No bursts.  Min Gnt=252.Max Lat=14.
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xfedffc00 [0xfedffc00].
      I/O at 0xd400 [0xd401].
      I/O at 0xd800 [0xd801].
      I/O at 0xdc88 [0xdc89].
  Bus  0, device  10, function  0:
    Multimedia audio controller: Ensoniq AudioPCI (rev 0).
      Slow devsel.  IRQ 9.  Master Capable.  Latency=96.  Min Gnt=12.Max Lat=128.
      I/O at 0xdcc0 [0xdcc1].
  Bus  1, device   0, function  0:
    VGA compatible controller: ATI Mach64 GB (rev 92).
      Medium devsel.  Fast back-to-back capable.  Master Capable.  Latency=66.  Min Gnt=8.
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xfd000000 [0xfd000000].
      I/O at 0x7800 [0x7801].
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xfebfe000 [0xfebfe000].

--UlVJffcvxoiEqYs2--