Date:      Fri, 12 May 1995 21:07:35 -0700
From:      asami@CS.Berkeley.EDU (Satoshi Asami | =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQHUbKEI=?= =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCOCsbKEIgGyRCOC0bKEI=?=)
To:        nils@guru.ims.uni-stuttgart.de
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: lang/gnat

 * As I noted in the Makefile, you need a binary of gnat to compile gnat.

Ah, now I know what you meant in the comment of CC. ;)

 * So where's the binary? If the network permits, have a look at
 * /ftp.ims.uni-stuttgart.de:/pub/unix/FreeBSD/gnat-2.03-FreeBSD-2.0.tar.gz
 *
 * The contents are to be installed in /usr/bin, /usr/libexec, /usr/adainclude
 * and /usr/lib/adalib. Maybe someone builds a new gnat to be installed in
 * /usr/local and puts a package on the CD?

Yeah, at least if we can make a package, it will be a big win.  Also,
the user will need the package first to compile it anyway.... ;)

So with that binary and Josh's suggestions, we should able to get this
to work.  Josh, you'd probably want to add something like

  @if ! [ -x ${PREFIX}/libexec/gnat1 ]; then \
    echo "Sorry, I need a working gnat compiler to compile myself."; \
    echo "Please install package ${PKGNAME}.tgz and try again."; \
    exit 1; \
  fi

in the Makefile (pre-build?).

Satoshi