Date:      Mon, 7 Dec 1998 21:23:52 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi Asami)
To:        billf@chc-chimes.com
Cc:        n@nectar.com, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: GTK ports -- a recommendation

 * > If folks feel comfortable with this suggestion, I'll go through
 * > the ports and fix them.  If you don't like the idea, or have other
 * > comments, I'd appreciate hearing them.
 *
 * I think that this is a great suggestion. The gtk situation is turning into
 * another TCL/TK, and this method looks to fix it well.

I think the Tcl/Tk analogy is appropriate, but isn't the current port
already doing that?

===
> grep config /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/gtk11/pkg/PLIST
bin/gtk11-config
@unexec /usr/bin/env OBJFORMAT=%%PORTOBJFORMAT%% /sbin/ldconfig -R
@exec /usr/bin/env OBJFORMAT=%%PORTOBJFORMAT%% /sbin/ldconfig -m %B
===

Incidentally, we need a new gtk11.  (The current one has to stay since
gnome depends on it.)  What's the new version?  (gtk113?  gtk114?)
Vanilla, please let me know what you want me to call it and I'll do a
repository copy.

Satoshi