Date:      Tue, 28 Nov 2000 11:10:47 -0800
From:      Michael Williams <michaelw@IPRG.nokia.com>
To:        Jason Evans <jasone@canonware.com>
Cc:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Threads (KSE etc) comments

FYI SPARC machines from Sun or Fujitsu do this both in h/w or just in software
i.e. cpu_offline().

Michael

Jason Evans wrote:

One example of why enforcing KSE/KSEG limits could become hard in the
future is if the number of processors is dynamic (i.e. processors can be
added and removed).  In discussions I've had with Mike Smith, this is a
very real possibility, and is something we should keep in mind.