Date:      Tue, 13 May 1997 23:23:11 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        handy@sag.space.lockheed.com (Brian N. Handy), freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IBM 560?

> > Questions:
> >
> >  * Is there any hope of making this combo card (a USR) work?
>
> Not in the short term.  It's WIP for Nate.

Actually, not.  Hosokawa-san said he was working on it, and the PAO
release hasn't been updated in quite a while, so either he's working on
it *OR* he's been doing something else for a change.

Don't plan on *anything* from me until next Fall.  The fishing is
starting to pick up around here, so I decided to get a life and ignore
everything else but family and work, so FreeBSD hacking is pretty much
down to zero minutes/week except for reading/answering selected email
messages.

In any case, to answer Brian's question, the 560C should work out of the
box except for the video, and it should work fine if he follows the
instructions on the following page:

http://www.yy.cs.keio.ac.jp/~sanpei/how2800x600.html

(hint, hint...)

Nate