Date:      Fri, 9 Jan 1998 09:59:12 +0100 (MET)
From:      Dirk-Willem van Gulik <Dirk.vanGulik@jrc.it>
To:        Robert <mhi@internetmci.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: STOP LOGGIN ON THE CONSOLE!!

Try
	man sylog.conf

or edit the /etc/syslog.conf file and pay attention to the
first line

*.err;kern.debug;auth.notice;mail.crit          /dev/console

where you might want to edit something. Likewise the 'root'
and '*' emerg entriees could also be edited... wether that
is a good idea....

Dw.

On Thu, 8 Jan 1998, Robert wrote:

> help
> how do I get logging to stop on the console.
> sendmail and fwtk keeps loggin and disturbing me... :)
> is there any way to get it to JUST go in a log file??
>
> thanks in advance
> Robert

http://cils.ceo.org                         http://enrm.ceo.org
dirkx@technologist.com                     Dirk.vanGulik@jrc.it
+39 332 78 0014       +39 332 78 9549       fax +39 332 78 9185
ISEI/ESBA;                     The Center For Earth Observation
Joint Research Centre of the European Communities, Ispra, Italy