Date:      Sun, 13 Nov 2005 17:58:14 +0300
From:      Andrey Chernov <ache@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Michael Nottebrock <lofi@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG, Norikatsu Shigemura <nork@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Integrated DEBUG related macros to WITH_DEBUG/WITHOUT_DEBUG

--y0ulUmNC+osPPQO6

On Sun, Nov 13, 2005 at 03:25:59PM +0100, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> Yes, that's my main gripe with it as well. It's at least imaginable that=
=20
> people would want to set the same dependency trigger for every port they=
=20
> install, like WITH_ARTS (although it's just as well imaginable that they =
only=20
> want it for one or two ports in particular, which we traditionally only=
=20
> support very badly and ought to fix), but it's hardly imaginable that any=
body=20
> would want every port they install to be built with debug symbols.

I must note that f.e. global WITH_X11 at least makes some sense, if you=20
have X11 (with exception that you still need to run some console variants=
=20
say, remotely, so some way to turn it off per port must exists), but I=20
can't say even that about global WITH_DEBUG, it is totally useless.

--=20
http://ache.pp.ru/

--y0ulUmNC+osPPQO6

--y0ulUmNC+osPPQO6--