Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 2000 17:20:32 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@gorean.org>
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@cup.hp.com>
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: A perlified gensetdefs

On Sun, 17 Dec 2000, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:

> Doug Barton wrote:
> >
> > > In order to reduce the number of ELF specific tools, I rewrote
> > > gensetdefs(1) in perl
> >
> >         Not to rain on your parade, but personally I'd rather see the amount of
> > perl in the base reduced instead of increased. Is there a way to solve
> > the cross-build problems without making this into a perl script?
>
> What cross-build problems are you refering to?

	Your stated purpose for making this a perl script was to "reduce
the number of ELF specific tools," so I'm wondering why that's a priority,
and if it could possibly be solved with a different method.

Doug
--
    "The most difficult thing in the world is to know how to do a thing and
     to watch someone else do it wrong without comment."