Date:      Fri, 9 Jan 1998 18:05:51 +1000
From:      Stanley.Hopcroft@aipo.gov.au
To:        kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re[2]: pccard - handbook - faq ?

Dear Sir,

I am writing to say that Mr Whites link (vi) to the Japanese FreeBSD's PAO
project is very useful, and comment on a D-Link 650 ethernet card.

I am using a D-Link 650 in a Toshiba CT720 with the PAO patches for
2.2.5-RELEASE, and am pleased with the result.

The D-Link card is configured and probed after the kernel unsuccessfully
probes for an ed device - you need device ed in kernel and the standard PAO
database (? I'm unsure of the name) supplies the PC Card parameters.

The only problem with the D-Link is that the card is delivered with a UTP
and BNC adapter and this bulky fitting connects to the card by a tiny
"Honda" connector (like a micro SCSI fitting). I would prefer a fitting
that takes up the whole edge of the card like the new IBMs - if they work.

I use it for file transfer (300-500 kB/sec) and tcpdump.

Thank you,

Yours sincerely

S Hopcroft