Date:      Wed, 7 Jan 1998 16:25:24 -0800
From:      Renaud Waldura <rwaldura@LIGOS.COM>
To:        "'proposals@ora.com'" <proposals@ora.com>
Cc:        "'chat@freebsd.org'" <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>, "'djb-qmail@koobera.math.uic.edu'" <djb-qmail@koobera.math.uic.edu>
Subject:   Book Request

O'Reilly,

I already own quite a bunch of your computer books and I love them, but
I miss something: I think you should publish books about FreeBSD and
qmail.

You already have some books on Linux, that's good, but FreeBSD is out
there, and pretty big too. There's one good FreeBSD-related book I know
of called "BSD 4.4" by Quatermann et al. but it's not very applied, it's
more kind of a CS text book about the OS. I think there's definitely a
need for a good, no-nonsense, technical book about FreeBSD. Just the way
you do them ;)
The FreeBSD Web site is at http://www.freebsd.org/. You can get in touch
with the core developers at core@freebsd.org.

Qmail is replacement for sendmail, a sendmail-killer I hope, and it
works pretty damn great without all the typical sendmail flaws. Just by
looking at the thickness of your sendmail book one can guess that
sendmail needs a replacement ;) (Isn't it the thickest of all your
books--that's the thickest I own anyway).
The qmail Web site is at http://www.qmail.org/. The original qmail
developer is Dan Bernstein <djb@koobera.math.uic.edu>.

I think O'Reilly would once more outstand its competitors by publishing
books on those two subjects. I at least would buy them immediately.

Regards,

--
-- Renaud Waldura -- MIS, Ligos Technology -----
-- rwaldura@ligos.com -- http://www.ligos.com --