Date:      Sun, 12 Apr 2009 18:01:32 -0400
From:      "illoai@gmail.com" <illoai@gmail.com>
To:        Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: change in kernel config file

2009/4/12 Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>:

> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0With respect to the changes in the USB stack:
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0The old system was built in early February, before the new=
 code
> went in. =A0The config file has:
>
> device =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0uhci
> device =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0ohci
> device =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0ehci
> device =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0usb
> device =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0ukbd
> device =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0ums
>
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Do I need to change anything? =A0(Pointers for explanation=
s are
> good.)
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0And is there a quick-but-dirty way to figure out which por=
ts
> use libusb? =A0I'm already set to rebuild devel/libusb.

I don't rightly know to your first query, sorry.

As to libusb:
-CURRENT does not need (actually needs to not have)
devel/libusb since its functionality(?) is part of the base system
now (post feb09).
What I did:
pkg_delete -f libusb
pkgdb -F (this detected the dependancies as obsolete perfectly)
cd /usr/src && make delete-old && make delete-old-libs
(caue canem!  ^^stuff might break after this^^.  Badly)
rebuild everything that used to depend on libusb (I guess
running pkg_info -R /var/db/pkg/libusb\* > fruitbatexpress.txt
would be prudent prior to pkg_delete . . . )

NB: this is not a tutorial and is probably missing some stuff.
Please be careful, and always use protection.  Always.

--=20