Date:      Wed, 30 Jan 2002 01:52:28 -0800
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.freebsd.org>, Dallas De Atley <deatley@apple.com>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: __P macro question

Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> Let me get this straight:  Those two examples above are pulled from
> the set called "Terrys problems".
>
> The set called "The FreeBSD projects problems" has emperically been
> shown to not overlap "Terrys problems" to any significant degree.
>
> Plenty of innocent electrons have been wasted in the last 10 years
> trying to prove that that the set "Terrys problems", is the most
> important subset of the set "The FreeBSD projects problems", but
> so far no evidence has been found to support this claim.
>
> In fact, considering the amount of evidence to the contrary, most
> of the people involved tend to think that "Terrys problems" is
> very descriptive of the reason those electrons were wasted.
>
> Bugger off with your FUD will ya ?

Poul, let me get this straight: people who use FreeBSD code
for uses other than what you personally use it for, and
people who take subsets of that code instead of taking the
code on an all or nothing basis like you appear to want can
"Bugger off"?

PS: "Terry's set of problems" includes being able to diff
FreeBSD code and NetBSD and OpenBSD code, as well as being
able to diff new FreeBSD code against old FreeBSD code, and
get something other than 400MB of cosmetic changes to header
files and function prototypes.

-- Terry