Date:      Thu, 13 Apr 2000 10:35:10 -0500
From:      Jorge Biquez <jbiquez@icsmx.com>
To:        "Michael Rutland" <ojpuppy@earthlink.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: RAM

I'm not an expert on FreeBSD just a very happy user. My experience. I have
a machine running FreeBSD 3.5 on a double processor Pentium III 350 Mhz
with a SCSI HD of 8 Gb and 256Mb of RAM using 320Mb of the HD as swap.
Since I instelled (more than 8 months ago) I have never seen that the
system uses all the memory it has and NEVER has use a single MB of the swap
area. Of course the machine is a rocket and it runs the most visited sites
we have (in all the sites there about 5 million pages are displayed each
month)

I remember an email on the list where a guy (I'm sorry I don't remember the
name) says that after testing he consider that 64 MB is more than enough
for average use.

I hope this helps.

JB

At 10:13 a.m. 13/04/00 -0500, you wrote:
>I am curious as to how much ram freeBSD can cache and use.  On the
Microsoft webpage it says that without adjusting some of my registery