Date:      Wed, 7 Nov 2001 13:02:46 +1100
From:      Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
To:        Alex Duvall <duvall33634alex@worldnet.att.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Permission

On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 12:19:13PM -0500, Alex Duvall wrote:
> I just started to use FREEBSD  after my installation I logged on as root
> when I try to install www/opera the system is telling me  PERMISSION
> DENIED, is there any thing that I can do to fix this problem without
> reinstalling Freebsd again.

Well, you need to buy a complete new computer for getting this fixed!

If you tell what is exactly going wrong (what is the exact error
message and so on) we might give some help, in the mean time it's
only guessing what is happening to you.

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis   |              Personal website: http://www.MavEtJu.org