Date:      Mon, 08 Jan 2001 01:28:24 +0300
From:      alex <jadream@chat.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cannot make FBSD boot from ATA100 device

Hi ppl!

I'm in a real puzzle.
Not long ago I've asked ppl in this list about how to install and use
with FreeBSD ATA100 Utra controller by Promise and got chorus of replies

it's quite an easy thing since 4.2

And I did perchased 45GB IBM DTLA HDD and Promise controller (not
onboard).
And since then I have a lot of trouble - nothing more.
As while installation procedure starts I can't complete due to massive
write errors in debug console and if I try to install w/out controller
and then try to boot I fail too even though I'm mounting root partition
manually with some thrilling messagesw as "partition is greater than
slice size", "partition is not configured" etc.

If anyone really knows how to handle all that - please - let me know :0)

unfortunately I have the single HDD and cannot just boot from something
else and then use ATA100 device :0/

Alexander Komratov