Date:      Thu, 01 Jun 2000 16:19:07 -0400
From:      "James F. Hranicky" <jfh@cise.ufl.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Veritas NetBackup

> keith <keith@mail.telestream.com> wrote:

> We have a coloated box running 3.4-stable. We've been informed that the
> older system of backing up will no longer be used and that they will now
> be useing Veritas NetBackup. Is there a FreeBSD version of this? They say
> they have it for BSDI but not sure that would fit the bill. Kind of crappy
> that they would switch to a backup system not supported by a wider range
> of OS's. Leaves us out in the cold with no backups.

I ran across this post on deja (I'm not subscribed to this list), but some
may be interested to note that there appears to be FreeBSD client support
in the latest patches for Netbackup 3.2 . If there's enough interest,
I can report on whether it seems to work once I get it installed.

FYI.

| Jim Hranicky, Senior SysAdmin                   UF/CISE Department |
| E314D CSE Building                            Phone (352) 392-1499 |
| jfh@cise.ufl.edu                      http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~jfh |