Date:      Thu, 19 Oct 2000 08:08:25 -0400
From:      Dinel.Joel@ic.gc.ca
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installing 4.1.1 on slave IDE disk

For some odd reason, posts made from home never make it to the list, so here
goes again from work :

I've got the following setup :

Primary IDE master : 13 GB HD
Primary IDE slave : 10 GB HD

Secondary IDE master : CDROM
Secondary IDE slave : CDRW

The primary master is entirely FAT32. I want to dedicate the slave to
FreeBSD. What do I do during the install to have BSD installed entirely on
the slave, but have BootEasy write itself to the MBR of the master disk? I
installed yesterday, with Booteasy (I am supposing it wrote itself to the
MBR of my slave disk), and I never see the prompt when I boot.

Is there any way of doing this without touching the master disk ?

Thanks !