Date:      Wed, 11 Apr 2001 10:21:38 -0700
From:      "Jeremiah Gowdy" <jgowdy@home.com>
To:        "Madeline Haggans" <MHaggans@afsc.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Pornography on Yahoo

> I am horrified at Yahoo's decision to promote pornography on its website
> and don't understand your willingness to support their decision

Who's supporting their decision ?  Where did you hear that FreeBSD supports
Yahoo ?  Yahoo RUNS FreeBSD.  Do you think Microsoft supports porn companies
just because porn companies use Windows ?

> As a partner
> to the Yahoo company I am writing to ask you to use your influence to stop
> Yahoo from promoting pornographic material on it web site.

You're assuming we all share your values on pornography.  The FreeBSD
community has nothing to do with Yahoo, and nothing to do with pornography.
Futhermore, not all of us share your morals and values, many of us have our
own beliefs and moral structure.  Please refrain from pushing your morals
and values on other people on a mailing list that has nothing to do with
what you are talking about.

Your post is HIGHLY off topic, completely inappropriate, and totally
misinformed.  Take your anti-pornography jihad elsewhere.  I didn't sign up
to -questions to hear some woman push her moral structure on me, nor listen
to her sad war against legal adult pornography.  If you were fighting child
pornography, AND FreeBSD actually had something to do with that crap, then
maybe you'd have a leg to stand on.  But once again, to make sure we're
clear:

(a) Fighting legal adult pornography is a moral based issue.  Not everyone
shares your morals.

(b) FreeBSD has _NOTHING_ to do with pornography.  Get a clue.

(c) I don't want to see this crap in my mailbox again.  Take it elsewhere.

Thank you drive through.