Date:      Mon, 18 Nov 1996 16:54:32 -0500
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ncurses segfault puzzlement

I have a dialog(3) program which appears to be segfaulting somewhere
in or near the ncurses function `has_colors'.  In particular, this is
the backtrace from a static executable:

#0  0x683b in has_colors ()
#1  0x528d in draw_shadow ()
#2  0x2b1f in dialog_menu ()
#3  0x239e in main (argc=1, argv=0xefbfdc7c) at tzmenu2.c:636

An inspection of the source to has_colors() does not reveal any
possible way it could fail.  Can anyone explain this?  (Please send
any responses directly to me as I don't read -questions.)

-GAWollman

MIT, LCS, ANA, or NSA|                     - Susan Aglukark and Chad Irschick