Date:      Wed, 31 Jul 2002 02:58:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Mike" <root@unixhideout.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Looking to learn the insides and outsides of /etc/periodic

Hey guys, how's your week going? Good i hope!

I want to learn more about /etc/periodic and how it works, can you reply
with some man pages i might refer to, and give me a small description of
these scripts? Looking through them i only see a handful that i have
actually seen DO something, like for example i have seen cron email me for
some of them, but a lot i have never been aware of. I dont expect you to
tell me all of them, ill refer to the manpages for that, but can you tell
me if they all run and some dont email me or if some need to be "turned
on" by some method? Oh and lastly i edited my signature. I didnt mean to
have my url twice. Its because the webmail we use has that footer, so it
was my signature on top of that!