Date:      Thu, 7 Jan 1999 21:23:54 -0800 (PST)
From:      "K. Marsh" <durang@u.washington.edu>
To:        "q's" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   cursor keys don't work in vi on virtual terminals

My cursor keys don't work in vi when I'm using a virtual terminal.  If I
try to use them, I get this message:

	Usage: [[

The cursors work fine in X, and also the man page says:

	<cursor-arrows>
              The cursor arrow keys should work, too.

This problem crops up often, and I've just never been able to find an
answer for it other than to use the jkl; method.  Someone please enlighten
me!

  Kenneth J. Marsh             University of Washington
  durang@u.washington.edu        Chemical Engineering