Date:      Sat, 29 Nov 1997 21:22:24 -0600 (CST)
From:      John Kenagy <jktheowl@bga.com>
To:        Living In Madness <madrum@ix.netcom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Search Engines

Howdy!

I use htDig from sdsu as mentioned in another posting. Since you are
using Apache it should work fine (it likes to work on http docs) as long
as everything you have on localhost is an html document.

If this is not the case, (you have text files you do not wish to mark
up with html) then Isearch works on everything (text and html) you have
on your server. Get it from ftp.cnidr.org.

I stopped using Isearch due to some problems in linking resulting
documents. This was laziness on my part and *not* an artifact of the
package. I didn't want to sort out what changes were necessary.

Both systems compiled "out of the box". I'm *not* a programmer either.

If I were you I would try them both.

John