Date:      Fri, 4 Jun 2004 10:30:18 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        sigsegv@mail.ru
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD TCP/IP

--ILuaRSyQpoVaJ1HG

On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 09:21:25AM +0100, sigsegv@mail.ru wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 14:21:38 +0600, Yuriy Coureelo <cgg@micran.ru> wrote:
>=20
> >Dear Sir!
> >
> >I have a FreeBSD TCP/IP stack. Trying to understand IP program
> >realization. I am interested in everything like "struct mbuf", "mbuf
> >cluster" and so on. How frames transferred from ethernet driver to ip
> >layer. ether_demux(), ipinput() functions.
> >
>=20
> Have a look at the book written by Richard Stevens "The Implementation=20
> (TCP/IP Illustrated, Volume 2)" here is a link:
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/020163354X/ref=3Dsib_rdr_dp=
/104-9931268-0446302?%5Fencoding=3DUTF8&no=3D283155&me=3DATVPDKIKX0DER&st=
=3Dbooks
> I haven't read the book, so I don't know if it has what you're asking, bu=
t=20
> I know the book describes BSD TCP/IP implementation in details

Stevens is good, but if you need a more FreeBSD specific reference,
then try McKusick and Neville-Neil on "The Design and Implementation
of the FreeBSD Operating System".  You can order it already, but it's
not actually going to be published until August.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
                                                      Savill Way