Date:      Fri, 9 Jan 1998 14:10:32 -0000
From:      "Steven Fletcher (Shellnet IRC administrator)" <ircadmin@shellnet.co.uk>
To:        <roseware@earthlink.net>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD

Jeff,

1) FreeBSD is a totally separate OS, and does not run with Windows 95 / DOS
in the background. You can, however, make an extra partition and keep
Windows 95 on one partinion and then run FreeBSD from the other. Use FDISK
to set up another partiton, however whenever you need to change the OS you
will need to run fdisk again to set the active boot partition. Info on 2
OS's can be found at http://www.freebsd.org/tutorials/multios/multios.html.

If you want you can use the NT loader to boot FreeBSD, check
http://www.freebsd.org/FAQ/FAQ98.html for info there.

2) You can mount a DOS partition under FreeBSD, so swapping is easy there.
Check http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook19.html.

3) Yes.....

4) I've never tried to boot off a floppy, but I think that it should be
quite easy to do.

5) FAQ: Go to http://www.freebsd.org/search.html and look for anything you
want :o)

Steven Fletcher