Date:      Mon, 25 Aug 2003 20:17:41 +0200
From:      Kristian Rink <afterimage@gmx.net>
To:        Johnson David <DavidJohnson@Siemens.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Win to FreeBSD in company

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 10:07:46 -0700
Johnson David <DavidJohnson@Siemens.com> wrote:

> > (b) check for some commercial MAPI connectors for free software
> > (IIRC, there is one by ximian made for the evolution
> > mailreader).
>=20
> My understanding of the Ximan Connector product is that it doesn't
> use MAPI. You still need to turn on various "open standards"
> protocols in exchange. Connector was designed to be deployed by an
> IT department, and not to be an end-run by the users around IT
> Exchange policy.

Hmm, I just cross-read the Connector announcement once while we were
searching for some solution doing almost exactly the opposite of
what is needed here (set up sort of a system which manages
groupware, contact and e-mail for Outlook clients while not being an
Exchange server) so I quickly was off Connector again without really
having done anything with it. Apologies of I pointed to the wrong
direction. :)

Cheers,
kris/

--=20
F=FCr Freiheit und die Wahrung demokratischer Grundrechte im=20
Informationszeitalter - gegen Zensur, Manipulation und digitale
Entm=FCndigung. Sch=FCtze Deine Rechte - sag _DEINE_ Meinung!=20