Date:      Wed, 01 Apr 2009 17:30:05 +0000
From:      "Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <xcllnt@mac.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Arch <arch@freebsd.org>, Gordon Tetlow <gordon@tetlows.org>
Subject:   Re: On errno

In message <A72F9BE4-2D74-436B-9FB3-19CF93AD6F78@mac.com>, Marcel Moolenaar wri
tes:

>Personally I'd like to think that that we write an OS for users.

We write an OS for the people who can and will use an OS written by us.

Absent a huge influx of translators, FreeBSD is not going to have
a viable I18N footprint.

Such an influx, should it happen, would most likely be rebuffed and
resisted by the current developers of FreeBSD.

Yes, we can dream about what we could do with 1000 full time developers
under a benevolent dictatorship which unlimited financial resources.

But we can also look at our current circumstances and conclude that
I18N is not something we can afford at this point.

Poul-Henning