Date:      Wed, 7 Feb 2001 11:23:47 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>, "Brian F. Feldman" <green@FreeBSD.ORG>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: xucred introduction

:this brings up whether we should have 'rules' for kernel structures in general..

    I'd have to say no.  It's too easy for this sort of thing to get
    completely out of control.

    I agree with Poul re: having a version number at the head of any
    structure exported to userland.  Maybe a size as well (or some
    out of band way to get the structure size).

						-Matt