Date:      Wed, 13 Jun 2001 15:34:21 +0100
From:      Paul Robinson <paul@akita.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-small@freebsd.org
Subject:   A mildly strange use for PicoBSD

Hi,

Been looking at PicoBSD for a short while, and we are considering it for an
application we have. However, it's slightly strange in that we want to install
it onto a hard disk drive rather than a floppy.

Ideally, all I need is a CD ISO-image that once run will fdisk, disklabel and
newfs a hard disk in the machine we are running from, before copying over a
very minimal install. We want to use PicoBSD as we want it VERY minimal. Apart
from the kernel, the only other things we really need on there are mgetty, sox
and a custom application that is an in-house product. A few other luxuries
like cp and ls might be included as well. ;-)

Anyway, what I suppose I'm really looking for is resources for producing a
custom installation disk for Pico - I notice that with 4.3-RELEASE there is
install/ directory that I intend taking a look at, but does anybody know any
good guides for me to take a look at? The FreeBSD 'make world' approach seems
rather overkill for what I have in mind.

--
Paul Robinson - Technical Director .----------------------------------------
   PO Box 604, Manchester, M60 3PR | A computer lets you make more mistakes