Date:      Thu, 24 May 2007 21:00:11 +0200
From:      Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
To:        Gabor Kovesdan <gabor@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: laser printer - which one?

--CE+1k2dSO48ffgeK

On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 07:55:40PM +0200, Gabor Kovesdan wrote:
>  Hello,
>=20
>  might be a bit off here, but I'm sure some of you have experiences with=
=20
>  laser printers. I would like to buy a (relatively) cheap laser printer w=
ith=20
>  the following requirements:
>=20
>  - quality (I mean here, that I want to use it for a long time, thus it=
=20
>  should be of good quality and be robust)

I've had good experiences with HP laserjets.=20

>  - has such a toner, *that can be refilled cheaply*
>  - prints in good quality, speed and noise is not that important

Most laserprinters are >300 dpi these days. Good enough.

>  - should work under FreeBSD / Linux, not just under Windows

Get a printer that understands postscript. That works everwhere.
=20
>  As for the price, I'm thinking of 100 000 HUF (about 400 EUR) as *very*=
=20
>  maximum. The price is important, but the first point is more important a=
t=20
>  all...I color laser printer would be cool if this amount of money is=20
>  sufficient for this, but a BW one is ok, too.

You can get a _new_ Color LaserJet 2605 for around =A4 300.=20

I've seen used LaserJet 6L (B/W) printers for as little =A425.

Roland
--=20

--CE+1k2dSO48ffgeK

--CE+1k2dSO48ffgeK--