Date:      Sat, 17 Mar 2001 15:11:45 -0500
From:      Richard J Kuhns <rjk@grauel.com>
To:        Juergen Unger <dwalin@addict.de>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ES1371 problem with up-to-date -BETA

Juergen Unger writes:
 > Hi !
 >
 > Richard J Kuhns <rjk@grauel.com> wrote:
 > [...]
 > > When using cat to send a .au file to /dev/audio it sounds like it's playing
 > > about twice as fast as it should.
 > [...]
 >
 > same problem here since we bought such a soundcard.  Problem
 > did not changed from 4.2-RELEASE to 4.2-STABLE from november and
 > december and it seems that its still in 4.3-BETA...
 >
 >   -Juergen-

I've got an update.  Last night I booted Windoze for the first time in
several weeks (I found Unreal Gold at Walmart for $9).  It naturally wanted
to install drivers for the SB-16, so I loaded them from the CD and I played
for a while.

After booting FreeBSD again, the sound card works perfectly.  This wasn't
just a `need to reboot' problem, as I've done that several times since I
installed the card.  It apparently needed some kind of initialization from
the 'doze driver.  At any rate, I'm now enjoying my mp3s again (the
Sensational Alex Harvey Band, at the moment :).

	    - Rich
--
Richard Kuhns			rjk@grauel.com
PO Box 6249			Tel: (765)477-6000 \