Date:      Wed, 10 Apr 2002 07:39:12 -0500
From:      Ben Kadish <Ben.Kadish@happcontrols.com>
To:        "Daniel Blankensteiner" <db@traceroute.dk>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: NIC

At 02:33 PM 4/10/2002 +0200, Daniel Blankensteiner wrote:

>But when I try to install it via /stand/sysinstall is says:
>faith0 <unknown network interface type>

faith is not a network adapter, it is a pseudo-device which does IP
translation. rl0 should be your physical network adapter. Is there perhaps
an IRQ conflict somewhere? You should see if "dmesg|grep rl0" yields any
output.

Ben Kadish              Ben.Kadish@happcontrols.com
Network Analyst
Happ Controls, Inc.