Date:      Sat, 29 Nov 1997 23:40:36 -0700
From:      Scott <sginn@thuntek.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Modem Init Strings...

I just upgraded my Modem to a Zoom 2819 K56Flex. And i was editing the
ppp.conf in attempt to change the init string. And my first question is how
do i add a command that starts with "\" ? the init string was supposed to
be "AT&FE0V1&D2&C1W1S0=0&K3S95=47%c3N1+MS=56" with "\N3" added to it, but
when i add just the \N3 it ignores the \
I tried to add \\N3 but still nothing Any ideas. (I know its a simple
answer just dont know it ;)). And my 2nd question is, If anyone has this
modem is this the Correct Initialization String? Or do you Have one that
you could tell me that would work better. Thank You