Date:      Thu, 19 Oct 2000 09:10:21 -0500
From:      Michael Urban <murban@tznet.com>
To:        Heredity Choice <stork@QNET.COM>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with pppd

Just something interesting that might help out. Not sure.

User PPP, for whatever reason, refuses to work with my ISP (and I
know my setup is correct because I tried it with another ISP and it
worked great). However, kernel PPP works fine with this same ISP that
User PPP will not work as.. I called my ISP and they are dumbfounded,
but my have me attempt to connect while 3com is running diagnostics
to see if we can isolate the problem. So if you can't get user PPP to
work, you might want to get kernel PPP a try.