Date:      Wed, 11 Apr 2001 11:28:04 -0700
From:      "Charles Burns" <burnscharlesn@hotmail.com>
To:        MHaggans@afsc.org, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Pornography on Yahoo

Your FreeBSD question is... What exactly?
Lady, this is just a mailing list. It has no hierarchy and no system of
control and thus supports nothing except for people that need help with the
FreeBSD operating system.
Everybody on this list is a volunteer. What press release did you read that
stated anything like "FreeBSD-Questions mailing list supports Yahoo's
decision to include internet pornography."? I am sure that we are all
unaware of any such support.

If I recall correctly, Yahoo still uses FreeBSD as their operating system.
One of the reasons that companies choose software like FreeBSD over
something like Windows is so no central organization will have control over
them through their proprietary product.

Therefore this mailing list neither has said "influence" nor wants any power
over any company or individual that uses FreeBSD.

Furthermore, if you will read the name of the mailing list, you will
probably be able to derive that it is for questions about FreeBSD only. Your
post is among the most offtopic I have ever seen, and offtopic posts are not
welcome on any mailing list and are refered to as "Spam", which I am sure
that you have heard about.

Because you feel the need to spam the mailing list, I would like to take
this opportunity to unsubscribe it to your spam list. If we need to put
"unsubscribe questions@freebsd.org" in the subject, please do this for us.

Thankyou. Please go away.