Date:      Sun, 27 Jan 2002 15:58:36 -0600 (CST)
From:      Denny White <dennyboy@cableone.net>
To:        Keith Alan Landry <wirwzd@wirewizards.com>
Cc:        <dschultz@uclink.Berkely.EDU>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: hp 722c deskjet problems

I installed apsfilter, pnm2ppa, ghostscript, along
with all the dependent stuff that gets put in with
no errors. I ran apsfilter, found the 722 pnm2ppa
driver, chose mostly the default stuff like letter size,
dpi, etc. When I tell it to test print, I get an error
message about it not being able to open the pnm file.
I've got the sample pnm2ppa.conf.sample copied as
pnm2ppa.conf to /usr/local/etc. Checked it & found
the right parameters (maybe) that I had put into it
with aspfilter. I'm really bumfuzzled at this point.
Everything else seems to still be working fine on the
system. I did a cvsup after the original install & I
believe uname -a output is FreeBSD 4.5-RC. Maybe that's
what's caused some problems, but I had hoped it'd be
the other way around. You said your 722's working fine.
Could I get a copy of the pnm2ppa conf file? It might
really help. Some of the stuff's still fairly over my
head. Thanks for the answers & help.

On Sun, 27 Jan 2002, Keith Alan Landry wrote:

> Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 13:01:20 -0500
> From: Keith Alan Landry <wirwzd@wirewizards.com>
> To: Denny White <dennyboy@cableone.net>
> Cc: freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: Re: hp 722c deskjet problems

"Remember, wherever you go, there you are!"