Date:      Wed, 16 Jan 2002 00:42:54 -0800
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>
Cc:        Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-qa@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RC2

--Dx9iWuMxHO1cCoFc

On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 08:18:13AM +0100, Wilko Bulte wrote:
> I don't see why we need Linux support on the boot floppy over (say)
> NIC drivers. People doing floppy installs usually want to do that over
> the network and a NIC driver is really handy in this case ;)
>=20
> A lot of NIC drivers are already stripped from the boot kernel as it is
> right now.

  It looks like there is space on mfsroot for several modules in
/stand/modules, and sysinstall already knows to look for these and
load them if present.  I'm working on a patch to src/release/Makefile
to put all of the wireless ethernet drivers as modules on the MFSROOT
floppy, instead of compiled into the boot floppy.  This should allow
us to put sysvipc back into the boot floppy, and give us further room
to grow.

    - Murray

--Dx9iWuMxHO1cCoFc

--Dx9iWuMxHO1cCoFc--