Date:      Fri, 30 Nov 2001 03:05:59 -0200
From:      Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@imgsrc.co.jp>
Cc:        Ports Team <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>, obrien@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: $AUTOCONF_VER

On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 11:42:40AM +0900, Jun Kuriyama wrote:

> Thank you for your commiting!
>
> At Tue, 27 Nov 2001 21:00:36 -0800 (PST),
> Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira wrote:
> >   3) Have the defaults be devel/autoconf213 and devel/automake14 ports
> >      (just set the USE_*VER?= to the latest values, or a bogus value).
> >      If the user sets a bogus value, we use the default values.
>
> Is it possible to use devel/autoconf as default on my box with
> configuring /etc/make.conf (instead of modifying bsd.port.mk
> directory)?

	This is tricky. A little background:

	1) autoconf was repocopied to autoconf213
	2) autoconf213 was modified so that it can be installed in
	a machine with autoconf without problems
	3) autoconf was left so that it would be updated to a version
	later than 213

	I'm still waiting on (3), as soon as 3 happens, I'll add a switch
to bsd.port.mk

	Regards,

--
Mario S F Ferreira - DF - Brazil - "I guess this is a signature."
Computer Science Undergraduate | FreeBSD Committer | CS Developer