Date:      Tue, 19 Nov 1996 01:02:50 -0500
From:      Dan Cross <tenser@spitfire.ecsel.psu.edu>
To:        Robert Nordier <rnordier@iafrica.com>
Cc:        bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kern/2043: 2.2-ALPHA stdio problems? (Bad Address errors)

> I also have 2.2-ALPHA installed on an old test system with virtually
> identical hardware.  EFAULTs are being reported regularly (though
> not quite consistently) by vi; by ftp; and (most reproducibly: about
> 4 times out of 5) by sendmail when invoked by procmail:
>
>    sendmail[999]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(root): getrequests: accept: Bad
>    address
>
> The problem appears worse when the system is under load (eg. vi
> suddenly crashed just now when the `daily' script started).

Yes, those problems are consistent with what I am seeing.  Oh good,
that means it's probably not my hardware.  :-)

> Prior to installing 2.2-ALPHA, the system has run 2.0-RELEASE
> through 2.1.5-RELEASE flawlessly.

Excellent.  I think I'm going to laterallygrade to 2.1.6-RELEASE,
at least until 2.2-RELEASE comes out.  (Eventually I want 2.2 running
on the machine in question, but for now 2.1.6 is stable and just great
for what we're trying to do.  :-)

I'd like to help debug 2.2-ALPHA, but the end of the semester is
coming up, and I find that I have more work to do than I want, and
I just don't have the time.  :-(

	- Dan C.