Date:      Sun, 14 Jan 1996 21:02:58 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Paul Richards <paul@originat.demon.co.uk>
To:        jhs@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        phk@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ctm-cvs

> --------
>
> Hi Poul-Henning, CC current,
>
> A CTM question if I may:
>   Is there a particular reason for cvs-cur.1500A.gz to be a mega size ctm
>   patch ? Is it perhaps that way because its easier for you to maintain/append ?

I'm getting towards the end of something like a 16 hour download of this
file and I've only got one phone line to the house so the people I share
with aren't happy :-)

Can they be split in some way so that you can download it in batches, I could
have grabbed a chunk each night then when people have gone to bed. Apart
from that, I'm constantly on edge in case freefall drops the connection and
16 hours is wasted.....

Not that I'm ever going to do this again now I'm almost in sync but other
people will run into this problem when they need to bootstrap ctm.

--
  Paul Richards, Netcraft Ltd.
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 1225 447500 (work)